Forums Coordinator

From that ten-cent phone call and a cup of coffee to AA's General Service Office. What's your take on service?

Re: Forums Coordinator

Postby PaigeB » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:29 am

So it it formal ! Congratulations Ann! I have no doubt in your ability to wade through all this opportunity sends your way. (((hugs)))

And thank you Karl. You are a huge part of my sobriety today. I am not sure that I would have all the joys & opportunities that online AA has to offer if it had not been for your patience and guidance when I first tripped over a pothole and landed in the e-aa forums. Thank you for trusting my sanity when I doubted it myself.

Please don't go too far. Chair of the e-aa Biz meeting or on up to a position in OIAA? :wink:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Squawking Hawk » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Welcome Ann, Thank-you for your service and for stepping forward to be the forums coordinator.

Karl, thank-you so much for your two years as forums coordinator.

Thank-you both for your service to the forums. And thanks to all the mods!

Squawking Hawk
Last edited by Squawking Hawk on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget
Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Thank you Karl and thank you all, I'm glad Karl is sticking around and I'm glad you're all here. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve! :D

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Mike O » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Thanks so much, Ann for your service here. :)

Karl, you know it, bro' 8)
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:03 am

Karl R wrote:I'll now be taking a seat in the back row. Thanks everyone for letting me serve. You are all a significant part of my sobriety.

please extend a strong welcome and thank you to Ann....

Thanks, Karl, and you didn't mess it up, and thanks, Ann for taking over.

Tosh
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks Karl. What a great story yours is. You came on board willing and embraced the 12 steps quickly and I enjoyed your workshop on the Big Book. That was a wonderful experience. And the leadership coordinating this forum. Hats off.

And welcome Ann. Its always a pleasure to have you around.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby leejosepho » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:26 am

Whether or not they full realized this at the time, Karl and Ann are two folks who have truly made a specific difference for me over these past three years or so.

My gratitude is deep.
leejosepho
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to Service