Outgoing & Incoming forum Trusted Servants

From that ten-cent phone call and a cup of coffee to AA's General Service Office. What's your take on service?
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Re: Outgoing & Incoming forum Trusted Servants

Post by Mike O » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Likewise.
:D

Oliver
Forums Long Timer

Post by Oliver » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:03 am

Thanks to all for keeping the meeting open! :)

~Oliver
Oliver
"In exchange for bottle and hangover, I have been given the keys to the kingdom."

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:49 am

I am very pleased to welcome Squawking Hawk and Hanna to the moderators' committee. :D :D :D

Thank you ladies for your willingness to be of service!

:D

Beaming Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada

PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Post by PaigeB » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:10 am

Well I am really pleased to see you two! I am on sabbatical for a bit, but look forward to working with you to keep this place positively for the newcomer and all those who suffer from this disease.

(((AA hugs))) :D
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Post by Squawking Hawk » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:43 pm

I am humbled and glad to be of service. Thanks for the welcome.

Hawk
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:23 pm

It is with heavy heart I report the passing on of Ed, username becksdad, who has been part of the moderator committee this year.

I will miss him working alongside in his cheerful manner. I will miss his friendship and his compassion.

I thought I would have more time to get around to telling him how helpful he has been to me. I missed my opportunity!

Ed, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Thank you for sharing so much of yourself and your sobriety with me.

Ann

Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Post by Squawking Hawk » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Ed,

I have enjoyed your posts over the last several months, knowing that you were working the steps and staying sober a day at a time. We had just been getting to know each other better over the last three to four weeks. You were very helpful to me as I learned the ropes of being a mod. And we had fun while we were deleting spam. You sent me a wonderful pm last Monday, Oct. 7 and I am very sad that there will be no more. Like Ann, I did not have a chance to tell you how much you helped me, that I felt like we were becoming sober AA buddies. Well we still are, but you are circling above us.

In the world of aviation, we say to fallen aviators, may you fly in favorable winds. So I say this to you, Ed, as as my Red Tailed Hawk welcomes you to her world. Ed, you are flying in favorable winds.

Hawk
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget

PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Post by PaigeB » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Ed. You will be missed. Already I am saying to myself, "Ed would..." What a great example of Alcoholics Anonymous you have been... Thanks for showing me how it is done. RIP
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

Duke
Forums Old Timer

Post by Duke » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Dear Ed. You joked about how if something could be said with 10 words, you'd use 20. Now, those of us who came to know you and appreciate you are sorry you didn't use more. You were always thoughtful, considerate and accepting of all. I know that I always marveled at your ability to see hope in every situation and offer your experience so others could see it as well. You will be missed, my friend. Go in peace.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa

strider
Forums Enthusiast

Post by strider » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:30 am

Ed and his easy words got me here at the beginning of my sobriety and made me learn to think clearly about what had to come next for me. I am forever grateful.

Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Post by Mike O » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:07 am

This is something of a shock.

Thanks, Ed, for your love and care here and for your support of my music.

RIP.

Blue Moon
Forums Old Timer

Post by Blue Moon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:09 pm

I remember when Ed arrived here back in December 2012. Always seemed to me like a pretty cool sort of guy. That's the sort of legacy that will linger. Best wishes to his family.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon

PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Post by PaigeB » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Does anyone know how to contact the family? It would be nice to let them know what a legacy of love he shared with us.

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 pm

The obituary didn't provide much information, Paige. Ed's wife contacted Todd, who was in touch with Ed a lot, through Ed's email address. Currently in the e-AA business meeting we are sharing our love for Ed and hoping that Ed's family will be able to see how much we respected and cared for him, as Ed's email addy is still subscribed.

Ann

PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Post by PaigeB » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:39 am

:)