service to others

From that ten-cent phone call and a cup of coffee to AA's General Service Office. What's your take on service?

Re: service to others

Postby positrac » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:07 am

PaigeB wrote:Thanks! You Peeps mean a lot to me! Many, many days my commitment here has kept me sober. It is the same in my face to face commitments. I am looking forward to being coffee maker and have had several people raise hands to help arrange tables and chairs, so I won't be there alone. There will be good Fellowship along with good coffee! :wink:

Fellowship does come in many forms and ways in this journey. When I am OTR I come across a lot of drivers and we'll get off the messy channel 19 and upper band some place and just BS about life and personal struggles. I have had many an AA meeting on my journey's across our country.

Sometime I never hear from them again as if it were angels just going my way.... :wink:

It keeps me sane or so I think it does.... :roll:

Paige as you know I act all hard over and yet I am just a softy who has the calluses to prove I've been there done that drill.

Never know I might run a hot shot out to Iowa and taste your coffee and you'll know it is me with my NY/Texas accent. :shock:
I miss the I-80 truck stop and the chrome shop.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Re: service to others

Postby PaigeB » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:48 am

Take I-380 from I-80 in Iowa City. I'll PM you my phone number so you can call. In CR, we have 4 or 5 meetings everyday!

(I act tough too! It has kept me alive!)
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to Service