The 12 Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous, the principles that hold our groups and society together.

Re: Sponsor broke sponsee's anonymity by going to police

Postby positrac » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:32 am

I can say without a doubt that the world has changed a lot in 25 years since I became sober and the thought of having to cover my six over some crime I may have committed never crossed my mind. Today if I fart to loud I have some person who needs to film it and then put it on youtube.

I see people most everyday subject themselves to stuff and wonder WTF are they trying to accomplish?

So good ethics and sound mind is what I use and it is the reasonable man rule and the rest falls into place and being a sponsor is never meant to be simple, as much as being a mentor to another on a better way of living.

I would add I know there is more to the original story than just finking because of some crime committed.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby desypete » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:36 am

positrac wrote:I can say without a doubt that the world has changed a lot in 25 years since I became sober and the thought of having to cover my six over some crime I may have committed never crossed my mind. Today if I fart to loud I have some person who needs to film it and then put it on youtube.

I see people most everyday subject themselves to stuff and wonder WTF are they trying to accomplish?

So good ethics and sound mind is what I use and it is the reasonable man rule and the rest falls into place and being a sponsor is never meant to be simple, as much as being a mentor to another on a better way of living.

I would add I know there is more to the original story than just finking because of some crime committed.

hmm you have given me a bit of wisdom with your post
i have to be more careful about where i fart in future :D
desypete
Forums Contributor

Postby ezdzit247 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:49 pm

desypete wrote:
hmm you have given me a bit of wisdom with your post
i have to be more careful about where i fart in future :D

Precisely. Better to err on the side of caution than get arrested for environmental terrorism... :lol:
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi,

The names have been removed.

"When using digital media, AA. members are responsible for their own anonymity and that of others. When we post, text, or blog, we should assume that we are publishing at the public level. "

"Understanding Anonymity," p. 5

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to The 12 Traditions of AA