Step Ten Promises

The 12 Steps are the AA program of recovery from alcoholism.

Step Ten Promises

Postby Wiganman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:01 pm

I love the Step Ten promises. When I was working the early steps someone read them out in a meeting and from that moment they became something I absolutely wanted. I knew I just had to work the steps and they would come true. My favourite line is:

"We will see that our new attitude toward liquor has been given to us without any thought or effort on our part. It just comes!"

That's simple to me. Do what is suggested on a daily basis (a few simple things) and the problem is removed. When that was pointed out to me I couldn't wait to get through the steps and experience the step ten promises.
Wiganman
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Step Ten Promises

Postby PaigeB » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:49 pm

My favorite 10th Step Promise is:

We will react sanely and normally.

Nuf said!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby avaneesh912 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Do what is suggested on a daily basis (a few simple things) and the problem is removed.

And yet, so many with multiple years of sobriety share as though they have to willfully not take a drink each day so that they have a fair chance.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby clouds » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:19 am

Steps 10 and 11 break up time into 24 hour segments. We take evening inventory and do morning meditations. This is part of maintenance of the principles of constant inventory and daily meditation thus attending to our spiritual condition. Sobriety from drinking takes no effort of the will on my part. Practicing the principles I mentioned takes the willingness to do my best at maintaining my spiritual condition. I claim spiritual progress not spiritual perfection, so its an ongoing process.
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby avaneesh912 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:24 am

Yes as we commence this way of life, which is watching for self-fish, dis-honest, self-seeking behavior, we will be given sobriety. That is the cool part.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Return to The 12 Steps