A Beautiful Way to Approach The Steps

The 12 Steps are the AA program of recovery from alcoholism.

A Beautiful Way to Approach The Steps

Postby Noels » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:05 am

Hi beautiful people =biggrin I get a lot of messages from AA as well as NA groups, spiritual groups, religious groups every day and the message for today on the NA group is particularly beautiful so I'm going to share it with you :)

An awakening of the spirit "The last thing we expected was an awakening of the spirit"

Few of us came to our first NA meeting aching to take a personal inventory or believing that a spiritual void existed in our souls. We had no inkling that we were about to embark on a journey which would awaken our sleeping spirits.

Like a loud alarm clock, the First Step brings us to semi-consciousness --- although at this point, we may not be sure whether we want to climb out of bed or maybe sleep for just five more minutes. The gentle hand shaking our shoulders as we apply the Second and Third steps causes us to stand up, stretch and yawn. We need to wipe the sleep from our eyes to write the Fourth Step and share our Fifth. But as we work the Sixth, Seventh, Eighth and Ninth Steps, we begin noticing a spring in our step and the start of a smile on our lips. Our spirits sing in the shower as we take the Tenth and Eleventh Steps.

And then we practice the Twelfth, leaving the house in search of others to awaken.

We don't have to spend the rest of our lives in a spiritual coma. We may not like to get up in the morning but, once out of bed, we're almost glad we did.

***Just for Today : To awaken my sleepy spirit, I will use the Twelve Steps.
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Re: A Beautiful Way to Approach The Steps

Postby Mike O » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:00 am

Like it =biggrin
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Good post, good food for thought. Thanks.... =biggrin
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Good morning :) glad you like it :) I sometimes wonder if I'm wasting my time doing what I'm doing.
Have a beautiful day :)
Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Return to The 12 Steps