12 step call-kind of

The 12 Steps are the AA program of recovery from alcoholism.

12 step call-kind of

Postby avaneesh912 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:06 am

Been hearing and watching a neighbor disintegrate. Heard she just fell flat during last christmas party and recently saw her walking back wobbly after her walk. Husband has given up and served several ultimatums. People in my community are very sensitive. Don't want to seek help. So, I thought the best was to leave a Big book in the mailbox. Fortunately their mail box lid was broken and I didn't have to open it to leave one there. Later when I went by the package with other mail was gone. Hopefully one of them had a chance to at least look inside instead of throwing them thinking that it was junk mail. Because thats what we get these days LOL.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Re: 12 step call-kind of

Postby serendipity » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:02 am

Your higher power and their higher power having a meeting and working through you... awesome sauce. Good stuff.
serendipity
Forums Enthusiast

Re: 12 step call-kind of

Postby Brock » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:05 am

Well done my friend. Where I live in the Caribbean, and I imagine in other third world countries as well, we face the problem of cost in giving away books, and it is seldom done. Even the used ones which are available from places like Amazon, due to shipping cost we don't usually give them away. In some countries a big book would be more than a days pay, in places even a few days pay. On the bright side, those who do buy them are really serious about getting the message.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Return to The 12 Steps