Very sick brother

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: Very sick brother

Postby chisa » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:30 am

"We keep Ensure, sports drinks, juice and water for him all the time but he rarely touches it. We also encourage him to take multi-vitamins and B-complex but they can make a person nauseous if not taken with food so he won't take them."

and i suppose the alcohol makes him feel perfectly well! get him to take the vitamins - they can barely make him feel worse than all the booze he is drinking.
...wild horses couldn't drag me away
chisa
Forums Newcomer

Postby chisa » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:33 am

as for the expense remind your brother of how much funerals cost today. forget about the money just get him checked into hospital or at the very least see a doctor.
...wild horses couldn't drag me away
chisa
Forums Newcomer

Postby Dave D » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:16 am

I have to agree with Curt, in most states if you can articulate that a "person is a danger to self or others" he can be involuntarly committed.While this may not be a course you wish to take, from my experience your brother is taking the slow version of suicide. There is more to this than the addiction. Keep us posted but at this point, someone will have to make decisions for your brother about your brother.. Peace
"Evil thrives when good men do nothing"
Dave D
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Dave D » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:27 am

Thats good news, I take the milk thistle supp, there is mixed results of the various studies, but nothing negative that I could find. If your brother's room has windows, make sure you keep the curtains wide open during the day, especially sunny days, this will help elevate his mood. While your brother is doing well, how are you doing with your sobriety??? Good luck to both of you. Peace- Dave
"Evil thrives when good men do nothing"
Dave D
Forums Enthusiast

Previous

Return to For the Newcomer