Introduce Myself

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: Introduce Myself

Postby Barry » Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:01 am

Dear Sue,<P>Welcome to the Forums!<P>And it's great to see you're enjoying sobriety. That first year can be a tough one, but what a gift we've been given, yes? The chance to feel alive again! <P>And yea, I couldn't have done it without AA, either... who would have thought?<P>We have a saying in Qingdao we've been using around here lately with someone else new to AA and sobriety:<P>"Your future's so bright--you have to wear shades!"<P>Barry C :cool:
Barry
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Arie P. » Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:11 pm

Hello Sue,<P>I too welcome you to the Forums. I liked very much to read that you are enjoying your sobriety. So am I.<P>Nowadays I have enough distance towards my past to see that due to the very nature of my disease I never had a chance. With my complete lack of skills, needed to deal with life on lifes terms, there was no way that I could ever put a decent day together.<P>That being understood I nowadays think that given the circumstances even then I did the very best I could. I really tried but all I did was run into the wrong direction.<P>In sobriety I still sometimes feel I'm doing two steps forward and three steps backward.<P>But hey, like my former sponsor used to say: "That's OK, because in that case you probably are going into the wrong direction anyway."<P>Greetz<BR>Arie :D
Arie P.
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Susan » Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:59 pm

Hi Sue ! Welcome to the forums. Yes, recovery is a whole new life, and a whole new world. Hope to hear more from you !<P><BR>Happy Trails ! :p
Happy Trails ~

Susan
Susan
Forums Contributor

Postby Cyncindy » Sat Sep 08, 2001 11:08 am

Hi, welcome! I just found this forum, thank God I found AA years ago. I remember my first year, or I should say don't remember. People used to say the fog clears after the first year and I thought I was FINE. F..ed up, insecure, neurotic and emotional, I was!!! Hope to chat with you again sometime!
Cyn
Cyncindy
Forums Newcomer

Return to For the Newcomer