Step 1/Nigella

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: Step 1/Nigella

Postby Olive » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:45 pm

Hi,
I'm Laurie. NY-USA. I don't know the time difference, but there is a meeting at 3:00am London time if you want to go and ask.
Anyway, come if you can. And keep coming back.

Laurie :)
"Normal" people don't wonder if they are alcoholics.
Olive
Forums Enthusiast

Postby zoomie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:45 pm

((((huggys)))))))) any way to stop drinking is the real way! Lots of people start out with on line meetings and recovery. I would hope though that one day you could go to a "real" meeting and meet people in AA!
Congrats on your 6 days!!!!
Stercus Accidit
zoomie
Forums Contributor

Postby Leonard(o), Puerto Rico » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:20 pm

Hi Nigella,

Of course it's possible for you to be sober and start working the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous here with us at e-AA. We have many members who GOT SOBER right here at our site and they are STILL SOBER :D

<small>[ 09-29-2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Leonard(o), Puerto Rico ]</small>
Unfortunately, logic and reason have no impact on prejudice, bigotry, fear, and hate.
Leonard(o), Puerto Rico
Forums Contributor

Postby Olive » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:40 am

Hi Nigella!
Glad to see you here. Don't worry about the chocolate. Alcohol has tons of sugar in it. It's one way to make up for what your body is missing in the alcohol. And chocolates never killed anyone.(at least not that I know of) :D
Alcohol has.
7 days!!! GOOD FOR YOU
:party:

See you in the screens.
Laurie
"Normal" people don't wonder if they are alcoholics.
Olive
Forums Enthusiast

Postby curtis s » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:47 am

Laurie is very right in her tag-normal people don't worry as to whether or not they are alcoholics........

We had back to school night last night. I found it all a bit boring sad to say. It is the 10th straight year of this and I pretty much know it by heart even with teachers I have never met. I can see how it could be stressful. Sometimes I look at all the other parents and think "if only they knew" But since some of them are in A.A. also they do know, and others of them need to be here. Maybe not having the remnants of a hangover will make it less stressful.

Keep coming and enjoy not being f****** up tonight

Curt
"What a long strange trip it's been."
curtis s
Forums Long Timer

Postby zoomie » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:00 pm

Congrats on day 7!!! I had to laugh at what Curt said about some of the parents needing to be in AA! I felt that way too! Even the Brownie mothers get together once amonth and have dinner and drinks!!!! I'v never been,but I had to laugh at any exscuse to drink!!! Iv been to Mary Kay parites where they serve wine here! I live in sububia and let me tell you "normal is just not normal!" I always think of the Stepford Wives when the clickes get going and nothing normal about the Stepford Wives! When I first moved here, I tried to be normal meaning I drank and tried to fit in. I became just as disfunctional as everyone here! LOL, I'm not ashamed of being in the program any more, I feel blessed and that's the truth!!!
Stercus Accidit
zoomie
Forums Contributor

Return to For the Newcomer