New to these boards.

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: New to these boards.

Postby jvboden » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:24 pm

Welcome, Alan, I was an alcoholic who couldn't lay off it for a day either. It was that way until I found AA. 20 years have passed without a drink, and that's a miracle, but that first day was the real miracle. Sounds like you have a good start. Hang tight to the program, my friend. It will save your life. One of the people that attended meetings where I do went out and drank in the last couple of days. Tragically, this young person with so much to live for...died in the process. It brought a hard truth home once again to a lot of us--this is a life and death deal. Sorry for the sad note, this is a happy program, and the best life I've ever known. Hang with the winners, do what's suggested by those who really know AA, you will be fine. Best wishes to you and thanks for sharing!
Keep comin' back!
jvboden
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Dean C » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:02 pm

Congratulations, Alan! And, welcome!
"Whatever can be said can be said clearly."
-- Ludwig Wittgenstein
Dean C
Forums Long Timer

Postby bonni » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:03 pm

:cool: Hi Alan,
Welcome to the e-aa group. You have come to a great place for help with your addiction. There are a lot of wonderful people with a lot of valuable ESH to offer here. I hope you keep coming back so we can get to know you better. Congratulations on your 10 weeks of soberity. Love, Bonni
:linewave:
bonni
Forums Enthusiast

Return to For the Newcomer