New To This Site

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: New To This Site

Postby Dean C » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:33 pm

Larry! Glad you made it into the forums.

Welcome.

Well, if you've got the face-to-face meeting thing going, this can be a mighty handy supplement. Poke around in the old posts. There's a lot of experience, strength, and hope in them from all over the world.
"Whatever can be said can be said clearly."
-- Ludwig Wittgenstein
Dean C
Forums Long Timer

Postby pete99 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:08 pm

Hi Again Larry. I am sober since 1st August.. so (except that I am about 12 hours ahead of me) .. you might be feeling a little better than me at this stage.
pete99
Forums Newcomer

Postby runnergirl » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:59 am

Hi there and welcome! My name is Ann, alcoholic. I've been here since July 2. You'll find lots of support here. We're glad you're here. :cdancer:
Don't look back!!

Ann S
runnergirl
Forums Enthusiast

Postby beginningagain7 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:01 am

Welcome to forum Larry. Glad you are here.

You will find a lot of E,S,&H here. So take advantage of it.

Sorry to hear about not having any coffee.

Have a good day,
John T.
Beginningagain4
John T.
beginningagain7
Forums Contributor

Postby pete99 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:45 am

Oddly enough when I got up this morning (I won't say woke up - that sure wasn't sleep last night!) I had run out of coffee as well.

So there must be something going around.
pete99
Forums Newcomer

Postby Leonard(o), Puerto Rico » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:39 am

Welcome to the Forum....I'm Len and I encourage you to tell us about what's going on with you today...you know, what's your background with drinking/alcoholism? Are you here for some support as you stop drinking and to understand more about alcoholism? Tell us more about YOU and your personal drinking history! Then, we can maybe identfy and welcome you better and offer some suggestions for working the program through sharing our own experiences with you.

I notice Dean suggests you look through the "old posts" and check out some of the great information on alcoholism stored/shared here by our members...Dean also mentions that face-to-face AA meetings are important when you're starting recovery and for mainting your sobriety too. I hope you'll all consider attending AA meetings and as well as telling/writing us about what you discovery about YOU and your new sobriety!

Thanks, keep sharing...we're glad you're here!

Len
Unfortunately, logic and reason have no impact on prejudice, bigotry, fear, and hate.
Leonard(o), Puerto Rico
Forums Contributor

Return to For the Newcomer