30 days

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.
Lebasi
Forums Newcomer

30 days

Post by Lebasi » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Hello everyone.

I am very new to AA. I just wanted to share with someone I have 30 days as of 11/20, so 32 days today.

I go to a group on Mondays, so I couldn't share with anyone, and I won't be able to get to a meeting until December.

So yay! 30 days! It has been hard, and I also tried to quit smoking at the same time, but I figured to be safe maybe try to quit one thing at a time. I don't want to get so worked up from nicotine withdrawal too that everything is too difficult. So I let myself have the cigarettes.

Brock
Trusted Servant

Re: 30 days

Post by Brock » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:19 pm

Welcome to e-AA Lebasi, and congratulations on the 32 days.

I agree with the one thing at a time idea, many of us smokers tackled alcohol first, then when we were comfortable with that we managed to stop smoking as well.

I do think a few more meetings would be a good idea, but if that’s all you are able to make it will have to do, and keep in mind that meetings themselves aren’t the answer, they are to help us understand the steps we need to find a peaceful and happy recovery. In the meantime, if you have any thoughts or questions, you are welcome to share them with us here.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi Lebasi! Welcome! Glad you found us & MANY CONGRATS on 30 Days! :wink: =biggrin :shock: :roll: :P :lol: :) :o =smile :mrgreen:

You can find live chat meetings here http://aa-intergroup.org/

Maybe you can find more than one meeting a week by following the links from https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/find-aa-resources to your local city! You will also find they may have a hotline you can call too!

You can also read the Big Book and 12&12 here: https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/read-the ... traditions

Keep trudging! You are not alone! AA's around the world are with you in Spirit!
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Post by Spirit Flower » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Congrats on your 30+ days.

When I was new, I saved smoking for bad days. that way, there was always a cigarette between me and a drink. Gave me time to call someone.
...a score card reading zero...