question on holiday time.

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: question on holiday time.

Postby positrac » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:40 am

marthamaree wrote:
positrac wrote:
marthamaree wrote:thanks. I am in Australia and there is one street party I am dreading but I also know after a few hours I can sneak off and no one will notice because they will be too drunk. Its just when I arrive. I think I will arrive with a drink in my hand and no one will care what I am drinking as long as I have a drink. I will take something delicious to share too as a distraction. x

I spent a lot of time in Australia and particularly up in the NT. I remember being in Sydney and in Kings Cross and how pissed everyone was doing jello shots and what not. That was a long time ago and being sober reminded me of what happens when I drank.

Good to hear from our friends in Australia. I used to have the red binder Big Book I bought in 1995 with the Australian story of AA and if you ever find one please read it because those stories in the back are from the mouths of Aussies.

HaHaHa NT and Kings Cross eh? NT land of the drunk tourist eating Crocs. Not funny getting taken by a croc cos you were hot and drunk and thought "no swimming" signs were for other people. I shall look out for that book.
Thanks.

Loved Kakadu and swam with some freshies and NO SALTIES!
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Re: question on holiday time.

Postby Roberth » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:33 am

Hi Marthamaree, the December issue of the Grape vine is dedicated to the holidays
Robert
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW What a ride!!!!
Roberth
Forums Long Timer

Previous

Return to For the Newcomer