What is self will run riot? And am I allowed to ask?

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

What is self will run riot? And am I allowed to ask?

Postby ThelonleyMango » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:30 pm

What is self will run riot? And I had another question, what are some examples of self will run riot in your life?
am I allowed to ask personal questions here in order to reflect?
ThelonleyMango
Forums Enthusiast

Re: What is self will run riot? And am I allowed to ask?

Postby Brock » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:06 pm

We saw some pretty good examples from members of self will when this came up yesterday, and personal questions are quite welcome. But we would not want things asked that you wouldn't ask to any group face to face, you know the idea no strong sexuality and so on.

Also, for personal stuff usually posting under 'Registered Discussion' is better, that way only registered members see it, and not everyone who may just be surfing the web. We have a Men's only and also a Women's only section, where more personal things might be bought up, unfortunately the Men's section is not very popular these days, and very few visit it, however the instructions to join are here if you wish - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23991
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Re: What is self will run riot? And am I allowed to ask?

Postby Patsy© » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:14 pm

ThelonleyMango wrote:What is self will run riot? And I had another question, what are some examples of self will run riot in your life?
am I allowed to ask personal questions here in order to reflect?

Hi Mango,

I noticed that you received some replies to this same question. If you would like to read the replies to you, they are at:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24018
Failed 12 Step Call? Not if we walk away sober!
Patsy©
Forums Contributor

Return to For the Newcomer