Nothing left- looking for advice

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: Nothing left- looking for advice

Postby Cristy99 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Jakel wrote:
My will power sucks.

For alcoholics, it's not about will power.
Will power doesn't exist for us......none of us have it...not against that first drink anyway.

Sit all the way down and listen carefully. If anyone offers to buy you a Big Book, take them up on it. Don't get overwhelmed, it's a BIG book, but most of it is stories of alcoholics. The first 164 pages is all you should concern yourself with now. Read carefully my friend. This will help you learn about yourself. Knowledge is power!!!

If you can't get a Big Book, the text is available for you on this web site. Get busy and get better!!!

We're pulling for ya!!!
"Talk doesn't cook rice."
~ Chinese proverb
Cristy99
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Nothing left- looking for advice

Postby JohnDaniels » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Jakel wrote:I will find and go to a meeting. My will power sucks

Hey Jake I know what you mean about will power. You think that's bad, you oughta try it on diarrhea sometime. :lol:

Seriously though, get a Big Book and or a Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions book. They go into detail about will power and the solutions.

I'm pleased you're here buddy
JohnDaniels
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to For the Newcomer