Finally realized I'm an alcoholic

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: Finally realized I'm an alcoholic

Postby Cristy99 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:10 pm

My friend said its for people who got sober before the age of 35, or those that are just "young at heart." :lol:

I don't think the YPAA has regular meetings, but they do have conferences. The web site is ICYPAA.org I have not visited the site, so I can't tell you what is there. I am hoping you can find some good information, but the nature of the beast is the same no matter what age you are. If you don't find much there, don't worry. Parts is parts...AA is AA...the nature of the beast is the same no matter your age.

All the links Brock gave you are awesome, and a very good start for you.

Hang in there my friend!!

Hugs!!
"Talk doesn't cook rice."
~ Chinese proverb
Cristy99
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Spirit Flower » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:41 pm

I got sober when I was 26 and stayed that way so far 32 years. I'm so grateful for my sober adult life. It is so worth it. 21 is not too young. There are teen agers getting sober.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby EmQ » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:27 pm

Thank you guys! You've all been so incredibly helpful and supportive. I'm so grateful to have found this community.
EmQ
Forums Newcomer

Postby positrac » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:58 am

EmQ wrote:Thank you guys! You've all been so incredibly helpful and supportive. I'm so grateful to have found this community.

Try to keep this in mind as all of this stuff is and may be over whelming to some extent because of the newness of the lingo and expectations and or the social norms inside AA. You can work your program your way; caveat is that you do need to follow the steps process. For example step1--- I got and then jump to step 11 because it sounds nice. You are going to have issues and it'll drive you out to drink again and so do them in order no matter the pain and or acceptance you are having. Do your part and the meetings and people part will answer themselves out as long as you keep focused.

Have a nice day.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to For the Newcomer