Just to say hello .

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: Just to say hello .

Postby Nick soton » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:09 am

45 days in . I have come to realise that over the past few days about the amount of S*** in have caused over the years particularly when it has come to my relationship , I have shared in meetings AA and New Road and people are surprised that I still have a relationship ( I have nearly destroyed it a few times ) . My OH was pissed the other night so it was his turn to fire the cannon on me ," I' m the Alcoholic, I'm useless , gave up the best job I ever had "etc . They say people speak the truth with drink inside them and I thought " S*** , that was me " .
I am trying to do life in recovery and it is hard ," trying to be an adult " , the bottle was my crutch so no matter how my life was, happy or stressful I always had it , I didn't need an excuse to drink it was an everyday thing for me , getting wasted was normal but now that crutch has gone and it's my head now . I am constantly worried about everything , job , money , etc stuff that I really have no reason to worry about , things that I cannot control as people tell me ( try telling it to my mind ) . How do you control thoughts ?
That guy that I am drawn too wasn't at the meeting on Thursday which I am glad about as I would have been sat there thinking about telling him about my thoughts about wanting to get smashed with him . I know I should keep quiet and another poster said no , but again , it is in my head refusing to leave . Another thing I have to deal with .
Thanks again for all your support .
Nick soton
Forums Newcomer

Re: Just to say hello .

Postby avaneesh912 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:24 am

I am constantly worried about everything , job , money , etc stuff that I really have no reason to worry about , things that I cannot control as people tell me ( try telling it to my mind ) . How do you control thoughts ?

We start writing inventory. We see where we are spending our resources (between the 2 ears). We list of stuff that we are renting space to. And let others (your sponsor) see that. Together you see the self-ish self-centeredness around each one of them. Before we get there, we also come to a conclusion that the power that helped your sponsor could help you too. And thats what we are doing the rest of the steps. Finding that power.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to For the Newcomer