new one

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

new one

Postby nitros » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:13 am

Hi All,
I'm Italian and i live in Malta, i go quite regularly to my local meeting, and i just finished to read the Big Book, i joined this forum to be able to gain my info about the AA, and how can i be more part of it, and to have more help with my disease.
Today is my first 30 days without drinking
Thanks
nitros
Forums Enthusiast
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:06 am

Re: new one

Postby Duke » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Welcome nitros. I hope you find topics of interest to you here. Congratulations on thirty days. That's huge.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
User avatar
Duke
Forums Old Timer
 
Posts: 3684
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:35 pm
Location: Kansas, USA

Re: new one

Postby ezdzit247 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi nitros and welcome.

Congratulations on 30 days sober!

Glad you found these forums. Keeo coming back..... =biggrin
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
User avatar
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer
 
Posts: 2077
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: California

Re: new one

Postby Oliver » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome!
Oliver
"In exchange for bottle and hangover, I have been given the keys to the kingdom."
Oliver
Forums Old Timer
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:01 am

Re: new one

Postby avaneesh912 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:49 pm

Cool deal. Look around, ask questions. We are here to help new-comers.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
User avatar
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: new one

Postby FluffUSPS » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Welcome my friend! Good to see such enthusiasm in a newcomer. You're right: it is a disease. But it's a disease you share with a lot of others who all have the same goal in mind: recovery. Blessings and support your way. Keep up the good work!! :mrgreen:
User avatar
FluffUSPS
Forums Enthusiast
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:02 pm

Re: new one

Postby positrac » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:41 am

Welcome and I hope you'll find what you are looking for. Being in an Italian family and having family on the other side it lends some real cheer as I am starting to want to learn to speak Italian. I just have to get my wife to assist as it is her culture and I am just part of the party.

Have a great day.
ciao.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
User avatar
positrac
Forums Old Timer
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:03 am

Re: new one

Postby nitros » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:07 am

positrac wrote:Welcome and I hope you'll find what you are looking for. Being in an Italian family and having family on the other side it lends some real cheer as I am starting to want to learn to speak Italian. I just have to get my wife to assist as it is her culture and I am just part of the party.

Have a great day.
ciao.


Ciao @positrac, "se vuoi un'aituo con Italiano chiedi pure." if you like to have any help with your Italian just ask =wink
nitros
Forums Enthusiast
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:06 am

Re: new one

Postby positrac » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:15 am

nitros wrote:
positrac wrote:Welcome and I hope you'll find what you are looking for. Being in an Italian family and having family on the other side it lends some real cheer as I am starting to want to learn to speak Italian. I just have to get my wife to assist as it is her culture and I am just part of the party.

Have a great day.
ciao.


Ciao @positrac, "se vuoi un'aituo con Italiano chiedi pure." if you like to have any help with your Italian just ask =wink

Grazie, I have a hard time speaking out because how it reads is not so easy to speak out. I spoke Japanese at one time fairly well and so this should be ok to catch and learn.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
User avatar
positrac
Forums Old Timer
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:03 am

Re: new one

Postby nitros » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:25 am

positrac wrote:
nitros wrote:
positrac wrote:Welcome and I hope you'll find what you are looking for. Being in an Italian family and having family on the other side it lends some real cheer as I am starting to want to learn to speak Italian. I just have to get my wife to assist as it is her culture and I am just part of the party.

Have a great day.
ciao.


Ciao @positrac, "se vuoi un'aituo con Italiano chiedi pure." if you like to have any help with your Italian just ask =wink

Grazie, I have a hard time speaking out because how it reads is not so easy to speak out. I spoke Japanese at one time fairly well and so this should be ok to catch and learn.


i love Japanese, i felt in love when i when to Japan few years back, and it's incredible, especially their tradition, well if you like to have a chat some time , i can pm my skype contact, are you in USA ?
nitros
Forums Enthusiast
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:06 am


Return to For the Newcomer

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests