Need a good kick in the hole

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Need a good kick in the hole

Postby Lindylouhoo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:41 pm

Just went to my first meeting in two years with a bag of cans I've drank all my money for the second week In a row I'm normally really good at hiding this and managing my money around my drink problem I have been on a binge for 6 days now and Im cracking I'm terrified of the come down if I could get more drink now I would.
Lindylouhoo
Forums Newcomer

Re: Need a good kick in the hole

Postby Noels » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:42 am

Good morning Lindy and welcome to e-aa :D I am so glad you reached out and shared your fear with us. Here at Alcoholics Anonymous we were all where you are right now so we understand exactly how terrible you are feeling right now. As a matter of fact, the one thing that I'm exceptionally grateful for each day is that I no longer wake up with that that deep feeling of fear, shame and guilt that I used to wake up with while still drinking. That is actually part of the reason why I went to AA to get help. I couldn't live with myself like that anymore. I despised myself for being so "weak". See I didn't KNOW at that time that I had an actual allergy to alcohol! Every time I drank I thought I would just have one or two. I never "planned" to drink until there was nothing left and to do the silly things I did when I was drunk.
I was so scared when I walked through the doors of AA that first time as I didn't know anyone and I wasn't sure whether THIS TIME I could actually stop drinking. I was scared of being a "failure" once again .....
Boy was I surprised! Not only did the people there welcome me immediately with warm smiles, they even sounded like they knew what I was feeling! But I would never have found this out if I didn't take the action to actually lift my butt and GO to that meeting!
I have been sober for one and a half years. I don't crave alcohol anymore - haven't for a very long time and I can start each day as "new" knowing that there is nothing I did the previous night unintentionally to be afraid of any more. Being sober I have the strength, mind and ability to deal with the hiccups life throws at me. The same hiccups that used to send me to the bottle.

Please be kind to yourself today. Find the nearest AA meeting or phone the AA helpline and just chat to another alcoholic who have found and is living our solution through our 12 step program. Unfortunately I don't have the number but if you just hang in there I'm sure another member will be along shortly to help out with some more information and details.

Our program work if you work it and you are worthy to have a better life.

Be blessed and stay well,
Love and Light
Noels xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:25 am

Just went to my first meeting in two years with a bag of cans I've drank all my money for the second week In a row I'm normally really good at hiding this and managing my money around my drink problem I have been on a binge for 6 days now and Im cracking I'm terrified of the come down if I could get more drink now I would.

Welcome home. We all need to realize alcoholics have this peculiar mental twist when it comes to alcohol. Our will power is totally non-existent, when it comes to booze. WE will go back. The only option we have is Spiritual Awakening. We in AA have a chance, to honestly look at ourselves and change and be an useful citizen of the world.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby Roberth » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:39 am

Hello lindylouhoo Welcome to E-AA. My name is Robert and I am a Los Angeles area alcoholic. we don't kick a person when they are down, we help them up here. If you want to stop drinking AA is the right place to be. I must thank you for reminding me what I use to be like. The further I get away for my last drink the harder it is to remember the fear and desperation I had that brought me to AA. I will tell you what they told me when I got here and that is you will never have to take another drink if you don’t want to. And even if you want to you won’t have to if you are willing to do a few simple things. And so far that has been true for me for over 25 years.
Robert
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW What a ride!!!!
Roberth
Forums Long Timer

Return to For the Newcomer