Thinking about relalpsing

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: Thinking about relalpsing

Postby D'oh » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:33 pm

I am glad you typed!

Made me reflect, the somewhat "Limbo Time" between entering the Doors, and doing the Steps. It was just mentioned at last nights meeting "Those who take their time doing the Steps.

I would have slipped also, (pre 3rd Step) if it wasn't for Meetings and the Fellowship and a little Pink Cloud. One member always says, "If you share a problem, you have 1/2 a problem."

Get some help working those Steps, you are well on the way!
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Postby positrac » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:30 am

Ilovelayne wrote:A big thank-you to everyone who has commented. You've all given me lots to ponder. Feeling very positive and ready to getting some work done! It really does make a difference to know I'm not alone in this. Appreciate all you had to say. So happy I joined!!!

This topic is one of great importance because all of us have had these urges in young sobriety. If you are going to regular meetings then I am sure someone has mentioned thinking the drink through, call someone to take the urges out of your mind.
Over the past two decades I have had urges to drink out of the blue and normally as quick as they come to mind they quickly leave because I haven't the time to go out and get drunk on someone else's issues!

Don't overthink because you aren't in a position to overthink and just follow directions and that is don't drink today and get to a meeting and start changing for the better. Yes easier said than done at times and guess what? We all know the drill and so it is hard to BS a BS'er because we know the struggles! You can do it and it is a simple program if we get out of our way <----- yes I said get out of your way and one day you'll really know what I was referring to.

Smile and have a better day.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby tomsteve » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:04 am

Ilovelayne wrote:Wow! And all this time I've been completely over thinking step 2! Thank you thank-you thank-you. This has simplified it and helped me immensely!! I feel alot better. The answer was yes all along but I didn't think that was enough. I thought I had to identify what my higher power was exactly and it was very discouraging.

its a simple program for complicated thinkers.
the simpler I make it the easier it is.
please remind me of this when I start complicating it. :)
tomsteve
Forums Contributor

Postby Mike O » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:54 am

Yes. Keep it simple.
There is a tendency, even on this very forum, to over-analyse the programme. ALL you need to know is there in the book. However, I have found it vital to back this up by reading of the experience of others.
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Postby tomsteve » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:50 am

Mike O wrote:Yes. Keep it simple.
There is a tendency, even on this very forum, to over-analyse the programme. ALL you need to know is there in the book. However, I have found it vital to back this up by reading of the experience of others.

iffen yer ever in a store and go by the toilet paper isle and see a man standing there complicating choosing toilet paper, walk up and say,"hi,tom. nice to meet ya finally." =biggrin
tomsteve
Forums Contributor

Postby Mike O » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:23 pm

tomsteve wrote:
Mike O wrote:Yes. Keep it simple.

iffen yer ever in a store and go by the toilet paper isle and see a man standing there complicating choosing toilet paper, walk up and say,"hi,tom. nice to meet ya finally." =biggrin

:lol:
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to For the Newcomer