newcomer?

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: newcomer?

Postby Layne » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:36 am

addicteto.youu is a person struggling with alcohol, period.

I feel our primary purpose is best served by responding directly to them, as opposed to in a third party sense or as the kid.
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:57 am

Guys I'm not going to argue with you. Especially not on this thread. Hope you had a wonderful valentines day.
Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Roberth » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Hello Addicted and welcome to E-AA. My name is Robert and I am a Los Angeles area Alcoholic. AA is about not drinking. We do this thing just one day at time. All we ask is that you have a desire to stop drinking. I know many people that thought like you but they found something happen to them that they kept coming back. I would find a young people group and give it a shot if you don’t like what you find in AA you can always go back to doing the things you were doing.
Robert
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW What a ride!!!!
Roberth
Forums Long Timer

Postby clouds » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:12 am

:D Welcome addicted!

Glad you found e-AA.

I feel like I was born an alcoholic because the first time I tried drinking it I got drunk and I never was able to learn to drink normaly.

Thank God I got to AA when I was young and I have been sober for 43 years now.

I recommend AA to anybody who wants to stop drinking. It has worked for millions of people and I got a good life from practicing the AA way of life that I could never have found any other way.

I hope you get to a few meetings to make your own mind up about whether AA is for you or not. Give meetings a go for about a month or more. Go to as many different ones as you can, see if its for you. Best wishes.
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to For the Newcomer