4th step

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: 4th step

Postby Spirit Flower » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:47 am

Pretty much everyone feels this way. So: where I go to meetings there are plenty of men (I assume you are a man) who have done off-scale bad things. Talking to one of them helps you.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby Layne » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:17 am

Years ago I experienced a spiral fracture of my tib/fib as a result of a skiing accident. A couple of days after the initial cast, an ortho doc (who worked on members of the American Ski team and so had seen many fractures) said it was one of the worst spiral fractures he had ever seen. He suggested going back in to surgically insert pins, then reset the leg, then wear a cast for about 4 months, followed by months of extensive physical rehab therapy. If I didn't do this, he said the broken leg would be shorter than my other leg and I would probably limp for the remainder of my life.

I followed his suggestions. It was painful. At the time, it seemed like a long, slow process, but I healed and I healed correctly. Today, I don't limp.

Years ago I experienced a total fracture of my spirit and soul as a result of my alcoholism. I followed the suggestions of the big book of AA. It was painful. At the time, it seemed like a long, slow process, but I healed and I healed correctly. Today, I don't drink.
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Postby Brock » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:21 am

This seems out of place and I believe Spirit meant to place her post here -

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22832
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Spirit Flower » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:26 am

Actually, the OP seems to have disappeared. It was a new person whose first post I approved. But it is gone new.

So I am locking the thread.

Gutter Cleaning, if you see this, I apologize if I somehow deleted your post. Please start again.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Return to For the Newcomer