Searching for the AA meetings in Utah

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Searching for the AA meetings in Utah

Postby juststranger » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:03 pm

Hi friends,

i'm from Ukraine and currently i'm in a business trip in Utah and i will be here for couple of weeks more,
i found some info in internet about AA in Utah but didn't found any active discussion board.
And, to say honestly, i'm a bit scared to just come there on my own.

Is there anyone here from Utah to help me a bit? Or, i don't know, just someone to say "don't be afraid just go and everything will be ok" :)

Thanks!
juststranger
Forums Newcomer

Re: Searching for the AA meetings in Utah

Postby D'oh » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:45 pm

http://www.utahaa.org/meetinglist.html

that might help.

Good Luck!
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Postby Brock » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:59 am

I find it best to call the area inter group office if I am unsure, clicking on 'central offices' in the link given will show those.

There is no doubt you will be as welcome there as anywhere else in the world, I personally find that folks from different countries are even more welcomed than those who live there, best of luck.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Lali » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:19 am

juststranger wrote:Or, i don't know, just someone to say "don't be afraid just go and everything will be ok" :)

Don't be afraid - just go and everything will be okay! I'm not trying to be funny - it really will be okay. Most every one of us had anxiety in the beginning walking into a new meeting until it just becomes second nature. You should get that feeling of belonging pretty much early on in your journey!
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby positrac » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:12 am

juststranger wrote:Is there anyone here from Utah to help me a bit? Or, i don't know, just someone to say "don't be afraid just go and everything will be ok" :)

Being an outsider and attending a meeting is good for you and others as it provides them full knowledge that alcoholics aren't just in the US and many people world wide know of AA and work the steps. You'll be ok and just breath and it is nothing to it.

Cheers.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Roberth » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 pm

hello stranger, they have a great meeting in Murray on Tuesdays nights. its a new coming meeting. it is at the Alano club, 5056 South 300 West. If you make it to the meeting just tell them I guy from the Skid Row Drifters sent you. :D
Robert
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW What a ride!!!!
Roberth
Forums Long Timer

Return to For the Newcomer