Returning to AA

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Returning to AA

Postby Taralou » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:05 pm

Hey,

I have come back to AA. I first came to the rooms about 18 months ago and since then have been back a couple of times but I am back again and hopefully for good this time!!!
I am 2 days sober.
Taralou
Forums Newcomer

Re: Returning to AA

Postby Brock » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Welcome to e-AA and welcome back to AA Taralou.

Many of us didn't 'get it' the first time around, in my case it took two tries spaced out over many years, until I finally understood what it's all about. And the difference was that I was desperate enough to do those pesky steps people were talking about, they were also easier to do than I imagined they would be. By the time I was half way through, just like the book says, the spiritual side of the program kicked in and the thoughts of drinking vanished, I now have a life I never expected. I wish you the best of luck in finding the same solution, please ask any questions you may have, there's lots of good sobriety on these forums.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Lali » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm glad you made it back, Taralou. And congrats on 2 days! I found that e-aa was a nice supplement to face to face meetings and have been hanging around here for 5+ years.
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Taralou » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:46 am

Thank you both :) feel differently about being sober this time and desperately want it
Taralou
Forums Newcomer

Postby ODAAT » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:33 am

Welcome back, Taralou. You have made a good start. Keep on going.
ODAAT
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Mike O » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:37 am

Hi, Taralou and welcome back.

Last time, did you get into our programme? Did you do any Big Book reading?
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Return to For the Newcomer