Here we go again.

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: Here we go again.

Postby Feeya » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:10 am

Thanks for the messages...
I am going one day at a time.
Not making any plans anymore...
My doctor advised me to seek help in one of the day time rehab facilities. That way I can work, but still have someone professional by my side, while I work the steps and learn.
One day at a time.
Feeya
Forums Contributor

Postby Lali » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:21 am

What is important is that you are here now. Welcome back. Please accept my condolences for the passing of your friend. Don't beat yourself up for not being there. Chances are you wouldn't have made it there in time anyway. Just keep moving forward, friend.

May I ask, what you are going to do differently this time around? Obviously something was lacking in your program so you need to do things differently to overcome this thing (alcoholism). Talk to your sponsor or others in your meetings and maybe they can help you figure this out.

Just remember, we will always be here for you.
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Feeya » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:39 am

Lali wrote:

May I ask, what you are going to do differently this time around?

I am seeking professional help, adding to the meetings and the daily work in the program.
And I am trying to live by the program, instead of just reading the literature and talking the talk.
I think my biggest problem is, that I always think I have got everything figured out. I clearly don't and I need to start being honest about that.

Thank you. I probably would not have been there in time, to say goodbye, but that doesn't make it less horrible. I feel like I betrayed someone I loved.
One day at a time.
Feeya
Forums Contributor

Postby Reborn » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:22 pm

Feeya wrote:And I am trying to live by the program, instead of just reading the literature and talking the talk.
I think my biggest problem is, that I always think I have got everything figured out. I clearly don't and I need to start being honest about that.

I identify with the above...especially "I always think I have got everything figured out"...today its OK to say "I don't know". I always have to remember that I cannot out "think" this disease...that is why I'm so adamant about not just reading the words in that blue book but taking the actions. I have to remember that all the directions in the book work only if I take all of them fearlessly and thoroughly. It is wonderful that you are being "honest" about not having everything figured out...I don't believe any of us get there...progress not perfection...they call that humility.
We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others. BB pg 132
Reborn
Forums Long Timer

Previous

Return to For the Newcomer