I have a weird question

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

I have a weird question

Postby alee123 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:39 pm

I always noticed that when I drink alcohol my sense of smell changed. And when I was drinking at my heaviest I would drink until the smell changed significantly. Is that normal. Did anyone else drink so heavily that their smell changed? I can remember being out at night and drinking then while I was drunk noticing the change in smell.
alee123
Forums Newcomer

Re: I have a weird question

Postby Noels » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:31 am

Good morning :D unfortunately I didn't experience that when I was still drinking. What I did experience when still drinking was that I would get to a certain point and then a voice would tell me that it was time to stop. The times that I listened to this voice and stopped drinking was wonderful as I didn't cause any problems but mostly I would think "oh well, I'm already drunk why stop now " ...... or 'I'm on a roll tonight. No stopping for me' ....... we all know what happened at those times. .... waking up with guilt, remorse and shame. .....
My sense of smell - when I started smelling strange things - was usually an indication of a pending or coming of a bipolar attack before my Creator healed me from bipolar disorder. Bipolar and alcohol abuse (usually goes hand in hand ) so ask the people closest to you if they notice a change in your personality BEFORE you drink and if so perhaps visit your doctor for a test or two?
Thank you for sharing and welcome to e-aa :D
Love and light
Noels xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby PuppyEars » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:35 am

Now that you bring it up my "noticer" was turned off when I drank.
But sober? Oh boy....I have antennas that pop up out of my head and notice everything.

:mrgreen:
PuppyEars
Forums Contributor

Postby lanka2x » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:08 am

Towards the end the way beer tasted altered. Rarely was it sharp, it usually tasted milky and sweet. Noticed no change in the smell.
lanka2x
Forums Newcomer

Return to For the Newcomer