New Member Here

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: New Member Here

Postby serendipity » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:21 pm

Just wanted to chime in and say welcome!!!
serendipity
Forums Enthusiast

Postby clouds » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:45 am

Welcome Roman and aquest! :D
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby Roman James » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:44 pm

Thanks everyone. It's good to be here.
Roman James
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:12 pm

Roman James wrote:Thanks everyone. It's good to be here.

Hi Roman

I got sober in southern California too! Went to meetings at the Valley Alano, Triangle Club, Canyon Club, TLC, and "the sobriety capitol of the world"--the old 502 Club in Covina. If any of those are in your area, I hope you're finding the same kind of warm, wonderful, fun. crazy fellowship I found there.

Keep coming back....
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:26 pm

aquest wrote: I'm glad I'm back and I'm going to take this a day at a time. Also i need to find a sponsor asap. I'm going to find a meeting tonight and hopefully i'll enjoy and meet some people that I can talk to.

Hi aquest and welcome back!

I was a chronic relapser for almost two years after my first AA meeting. I just couldn't "get it" at first. I finally got sober using AA's one day at a time plan. It will work for you too. Glad you found this forum.

Keep coming back....
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Roman James » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:34 pm

ezdzit247 wrote:
Roman James wrote:Thanks everyone. It's good to be here.

Hi Roman

I got sober in southern California too! Went to meetings at the Valley Alano, Triangle Club, Canyon Club, TLC, and "the sobriety capitol of the world"--the old 502 Club in Covina. If any of those are in your area, I hope you're finding the same kind of warm, wonderful, fun. crazy fellowship I found there.

Keep coming back....

Thank you. I never heard of these meetings, but then again, I'm new to AA (39 days). Covina isn't too far from me. I'll have to check out the 502 Club.
Roman James
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ezdzit247 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:52 pm

Thank you. I never heard of these meetings, but then again, I'm new to AA (39 days). Covina isn't too far from me. I'll have to check out the 502 Club.

Each of the Alano Clubs I mentioned have one or more meeting rooms which are rented to various AA, NA, Alanon, ACA. etc meeting groups throughout the day, but the clubs themselves are separate entities with boards of directors and are not affiliated with AA. Typically, each club has a coffee/snack bar, a lounge area with couches,, tables & chairs for chat, card, chess, checkers, etc games and (my fav) a pool table. The clubs are a fun & safe place for AA members to hang out and meet other people in recovery. The "502 Club" is really easy to get to as it's a few blocks north on Citrus, right off the 10 freeway in Covina. They have noon AA discussion meetings every day and their Friday night speakers meeting is very popular.

Keep coming back....
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Roman James » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:58 pm

ezdzit247 wrote:

Each of the Alano Clubs I mentioned have one or more meeting rooms which are rented to various AA, NA, Alanon, ACA. etc meeting groups throughout the day, but the clubs themselves are separate entities with boards of directors and are not affiliated with AA. Typically, each club has a coffee/snack bar, a lounge area with couches,, tables & chairs for chat, card, chess, checkers, etc games and (my fav) a pool table. The clubs are a fun & safe place for AA members to hang out and meet other people in recovery. The "502 Club" is really easy to get to as it's a few blocks north on Citrus, right off the 10 freeway in Covina. They have noon AA discussion meetings every day and their Friday night speakers meeting is very popular.

Keep coming back....

Sounds interesting. The 10 fwy and Citrus are pretty close to my dui class location.
Roman James
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Roman James » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:34 pm

aquest wrote:Hello!! I just join this group today and I'm hoping I can get the help and someone to talk with me. I live in St. Louis Mo. I had been clean for 3 years. I've have relapsed for the past year and I see my life going back into a bad place. Need some help.

Hi aquest. I'm new here too with only 42 days sobriety, yeah, I'm still counting the days :)
Hang in there, and if you want/need to talk, I'm a good listener.
Roman James
Forums Enthusiast

Previous

Return to For the Newcomer