My name is Jeremiah D Mitchell, Im an alcoholic

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

My name is Jeremiah D Mitchell, Im an alcoholic

Postby jeremiahmitchell » Wed May 04, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi there, I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I have the longest amount of sobriety in my life at just over 10 months:) Part of my sobriety is cleaning up the wreckage in my past. I have 3 warrants and due to my honesty with the charges and the District Attorney, I have the opportunity to resolve all of these issue with out going to jail. One of then was over 25 years and they're droppping it immediately. For such a new sober alcoholic, I was having a hard time with these fears. I stayed strong, kept it straight with my sponsor and dealt with the problems the right way. Im very grateful that I''' be able to resolve these issues the right way. I tried AA before and my fear to disclose my past mistakes was definitely behind my failure to stay sober. My ego was running the show, not the program and my higher power.

I love AA. I love the fellowship, the community and "buzz" with everyone and I'm really becoming happy in my life. I feel content. I know I have a lot of amends to make and they will come in time as I go through the steps on this awesome journey. Really stoked to also know these forums are available.
jeremiahmitchell
Forums Newcomer

Re: My name is Jeremiah D Mitchell, Im an alcoholic

Postby Brock » Wed May 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Welcome to e-AA Jeremiah. Lovey post with lots of hope for the future in it, kind of stuff we enjoy reading on the forums. The site is a little slow at present, but there is a good bunch here with solid sobriety and it's good to have you on board with us.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Lali » Wed May 04, 2016 6:14 pm

jeremiahmitchell wrote:Hi there, I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I have the longest amount of sobriety in my life at just over 10 months:) Part of my sobriety is cleaning up the wreckage in my past. I have 3 warrants and due to my honesty with the charges and the District Attorney, I have the opportunity to resolve all of these issue with out going to jail. One of then was over 25 years and they're droppping it immediately. For such a new sober alcoholic, I was having a hard time with these fears. I stayed strong, kept it straight with my sponsor and dealt with the problems the right way. Im very grateful that I''' be able to resolve these issues the right way. I tried AA before and my fear to disclose my past mistakes was definitely behind my failure to stay sober. My ego was running the show, not the program and my higher power.

I love AA. I love the fellowship, the community and "buzz" with everyone and I'm really becoming happy in my life. I feel content. I know I have a lot of am"ends to make and they will come in time as I go through the steps on this awesome journey. Really stoked to also know these forums are available.

Welcome aboard, Jeremiah! Your post makes my day! It's a great testament to this program. Congrats on 10 months. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Wed May 04, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi Jeremiah!
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby Stepchild » Wed May 04, 2016 7:26 pm

Welcome Jeremiah...I love to see people actually work this program...It's life changing.
Stepchild
Forums Old Timer

Postby clouds » Thu May 05, 2016 7:24 am

Welcome to e-AA Jeramiah. :)

Its good to have you here.
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Return to For the Newcomer