hi im scared

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

hi im scared

Postby mattyb33 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:08 am

im drinking abit but dont know what to do i have been in ait and it worked for a while but now my drinking has rising again due to boredness i just want help and to talk to people dueing the day i dont know what else to put thanks matt
mattyb33
Forums Newcomer

Re: hi im scared

Postby Brock » Wed May 04, 2016 11:05 am

Hello and welcome to e-AA Matty. I guess being bored does lead to drink, but mainly so when you are an alcoholic, what you have to decide is if you want to stop, and that you can't do so on your own, or even if you manage it for a while you are pretty pissed off about it.

If you tried AA and it worked for a while, that's probably because you didn't do what the program asks, once you do the steps they suggest and live daily by a few simple principles, the desire to drink goes away completely. So this is what I would suggest, go to those meetings, ask someone who looks contented and easy with their sobriety how to go about the program, they will either assist you or point you in the direction of someone who can. Keep in mind that the sober life is pretty damned cool, not lying when I say my sober years are the best years I can remember, best of luck, and if you need help finding meetings let us know.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby mattyb33 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:08 am

thank you my first one is tonight
mattyb33
Forums Newcomer

Postby positrac » Fri May 06, 2016 3:05 am

I know boredom leads to drinking and other stuff that leads to remorse the next day. So besides going to AA meetings in person I would have to ask do you work, go to school and can you focus on changing things up so that you become less bored and maybe more tired at the end of the day from physical, and or mental stimulation that keeps you from drinking.

Managing your time is one of the top points of someone who is looking to change habits in addiction and drinking. Speaking with other members in the room can assist greatly as they have gone through similar changes.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby clouds » Fri May 06, 2016 4:14 am

Welcome Mattyb33! :D

Glad you have found e-AA.

We have a solution to the drink problem, you are welcome here, all you need is a desire to stop drinking and it may take you a little time to figure out if you are alcoholic, a medium drinker or a hard drinker.

Our main book 'Alcoholics Anonymous' gives good explanation of the differences. You could read pages 20 through 25 to see if you relate. The Big Book of 'Alcoholics Anonymous' is online.

Hope your meeing helps and looking forward to hearing more from you soon.
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby PaigeB » Fri May 06, 2016 8:58 am

I look forward to hearing how your first meeting went! :D
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Glowe126 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:06 pm

I did the program in multiple cities for two years. I felt safe except for a few men. Unfortunately, men use the program to prey on people in bad situations. Try to keep an open mind, but trust your instincts and stay with the good crowd. If someone tells you to do something unreasonable, then just say no.
Glowe126
Forums Newcomer

Postby Glowe126 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:10 pm

I did everything the program asked and still relapsed. So just ignore people who say you did something wrong. A lot of the people in the program continue to drink, but claim to be sober. Just ignore anyone who tries to make you feel less.
Glowe126
Forums Newcomer

Postby Brock » Thu May 12, 2016 3:13 pm

I did everything the program asked and still relapsed.

Welcome here Glowe. I know you are going through a rough time at present, looking for a sober facility and so forth, but I want to encourage you to look for the part of the program you didn't do well enough to stay happily sober. While the program may outline specific things we should do, the attainment of a spiritual way of living is very much up to the individual. Pretty well everyone I have seen report a relapse here or in meetings, has said that the spiritual side of their program was going downhill for some time before the relapse.

This post is in the newcomer section, and I want to assure anyone reading it, that while relapses like this do happen, they are extremely rare in those people following the suggested program of action.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Stepchild » Thu May 12, 2016 3:56 pm

I did everything the program asked....

Welcome Glowe126.....Can you explain what you mean by that?
Stepchild
Forums Old Timer

Return to For the Newcomer