if been given the aa ultimatum.

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: if been given the aa ultimatum.

Postby Noels » Fri May 06, 2016 12:32 pm

dla2011 wrote:
I understand that AA membership is open to anyone who doesn't want to drink. I can't say that I don't want to drink, in fact I do. If I didnt have to go to work soon, I would probably get a little pissy now and part of that is just out of spite.. ?
dla.

Hi and welcome :D I will honestly say that I would love to be able to have a glass of wine now and then but since I've accepted and made peace with the fact that i am not a normal drinker, i am an alcoholic, I am allergic to alcohol and CAN NOT drink I'm happy not to drink.
It's like being allergic to peanuts. If you ingest peanuts you die so are you going to have a double serving of peanut butter or avoid it like the plague. Doesn't mean you wouldn't like to be able to taste a pb and jam samie. Just mean you won't try :D
Being sober is awesome :D give it a try :D
Love and light
Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to For the Newcomer