Scared

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Scared

Postby Frustratedme » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:21 am

I am brand-new to this site still learning and I need in ear to bend on, I was sober for eight months and two days not making any excuses my grandpa just died two days ago and I tried to take my frustrations out on cleaning the house I fell on a rod iron chair cried for two days and then picked up my bottle of vodka I'm so upset with myself now I have the shakes I'm scared to stop because my boyfriend said if he found out I drink again he would leave me but there's no way to stop without getting help I'm lonely sad confused frustrated I just don't know what to do and on top of that he collects alcohol so it's in my face 24 seven… I am in a pickle right now
Frustratedme
Forums Newcomer

Re: Scared

Postby ann2 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:24 am

Hi Frustratedme,

I'm so sorry! Can you call? Alcoholics Anonymous is listed in your telephone directory. If you need help finding the number just let me know your area code!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Frustratedme » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:31 am

18424 I have never been to an AA meeting I was drinking a liter of vodka a day for about 12 years then I got cirrhosis of my liver and they hospitalized me and it was a wake up call set if I took a drink again I would die And here I am scared confused...I quit cold turkey never went to any meetings this is probably going to be harder than I thought
Frustratedme
Forums Newcomer

Postby Frustratedme » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:41 am

How did I let myself come to this how did I do this why am I so weak why couldn't I be a better why can I be stronger I don't know…
Frustratedme
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:54 am

Hi! It looks like you're in Northeast Pennsylvania. The local number is

570-654-0488

Call right away and ask for help, you are not alone!
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:56 am

You are not weak, you are probably very very strong, finding our site and asking for help!

What I had to find out was that I had a disease. Alcoholism made me drink when I didn't want to, and it was stronger than me, despite all my self-will.

Luckily Alcoholics Anonymous understands the problem and has a solution that worked for me and millions like me!

Please call and join us in the solution that saved my life!

Big hugs,

Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Frustratedme » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:07 am

I will call now… Thank you
Frustratedme
Forums Newcomer

Postby positrac » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:43 am

You've got to make the decision on what you want and now it is most difficult to accept the loss of your grandfather and picking up. So I suggest if you liked what you saw and want what we have (sobriety) then get your tail to a meeting and admit failure and ask for help and we'll love you until you can love yourself. Time heals and this is a time project to get sober and our mind better to accept we have a drinking, thinking and acting problem.

One day at a time is all you are expected to accomplish.

be well and chin up.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:27 pm

I quit cold turkey never went to any meetings this is probably going to be harder than I thought

Don't let your head get in the way of your feet. Going to a meeting is as simple as walking. Grab door handle and pull. Walk. Sit. Simple AND easy. The hard part is in our mind. Truly - my brain was making it very hard. It is not as hard as you think it is... it was hard for me, only as I thought of it.

Just walk in.

NOTE: Please. Do be careful about self detoxing. You may need a doctor's care for that - that is up to you, your family and your doctor.

Be at peace. We will be there with you in spirit.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to For the Newcomer