100 days and struggling

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

100 days and struggling

Postby Mudruck » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:55 am

Everything was going good, then not so good. Feel like I am back in withdraw all over again. Stalled out on step 4 and my sponsor got a job and now we never have time to meet up. I am full of self pity anger and disappointment. Nothing brings me pleasure. I know it is stupid but the obsession is back. I tell myself this will pass. Say a prayer, stay sober, and remind myself why a stopped drinking. Even when a drink sounds good I remember that I wasn't a happy drunk either.
Mudruck
Forums Enthusiast

Re: 100 days and struggling

Postby PaigeB » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:20 am

Milestones were difficult for me too... 100 minutes is a long time for a drunk to go without a drink, let alone 100 days! You need to reach in and save yourself ~ if you absolutely cannot reschedule with your current sponsor, get another sponsor and get working on the Steps. They are the key to permanent relief from this disease. All you need is a little willingness.

So congrats on the 24's you have gotten strung together. Now it is time to double down on the WORK!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Robert R » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:48 am

Hi Mudruck, Regular contact and work with a sponsor was essential in keeping my old head on track and quiet. Maybe time to find another sponsor who can spend the time with you that you need right now.
Best wishes my friend.
Don't know exactly where I am going but I'm on my way and it's already much better than where I've been.
Robert R
Forums Contributor

Postby Brock » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Stalled out on step 4…

I believe you stalled near the top of the steepest hill, one that looks harder to climb than it really is, things get easier after this. And once you write out the inventory as best you can, you will be itching to do #5 as soon as possible. These words come near the end of the chapter on #5, I have found them to be true and so have most people I have heard speak or whose experiences I have read, from page 75 -
The feeling that the drink problem has disappeared will often come strongly. We feel we are on the Broad highway, walking hand in hand with the Spirit of the Universe.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby positrac » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:44 pm

You can find a new sponsor as to meet your needs to sanity. You'll be fine if you keep working the steps and attending meetings and having contact with your sponsor.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Mudruck » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:32 pm

Got out to a meeting today. Surprise surprise it was a step 4 topic, just what I needed to hear. Never been to this meeting. New faces, well mostly. Small population around here so be hard not to see a familiar faces. Anyway going to step up and get my 4 finished. I know I don't want to drink and being all depressed and full of self pity is not working.
Day 100 and still sober, still have hope and a higher power(who I get closer to daily)
Mudruck
Forums Enthusiast

Postby positrac » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:19 am

Mudruck wrote:Got out to a meeting today. Surprise surprise it was a step 4 topic, just what I needed to hear. Never been to this meeting. New faces, well mostly. Small population around here so be hard not to see a familiar faces. Anyway going to step up and get my 4 finished. I know I don't want to drink and being all depressed and full of self pity is not working.
Day 100 and still sober, still have hope and a higher power(who I get closer to daily)

Good for you and I hope you have a better week.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Robert R » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:40 am

Mudruck wrote:Got out to a meeting today. Surprise surprise it was a step 4 topic, just what I needed to hear. Never been to this meeting. New faces, well mostly. Small population around here so be hard not to see a familiar faces. Anyway going to step up and get my 4 finished. I know I don't want to drink and being all depressed and full of self pity is not working.

My Higher Power also has the rather irritating habit of providing exactly what I need when I need it :roll: :lol:
Don't know exactly where I am going but I'm on my way and it's already much better than where I've been.
Robert R
Forums Contributor

Postby avaneesh912 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:59 am

I know I don't want to drink and being all depressed and full of self pity is not working

Yeah, thats when the mind starts playing trick on us. The damn HP is not helping me, I have been sober 100 days and all the resentments starts coming up. Also this damn sponsor hasn't got time for me. More self-pity. And then we get drunk.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Return to For the Newcomer