Compulsive drinker

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: Compulsive drinker

Postby Ravensgrl » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:07 pm

So yesterday, I was supposed to go to a meeting with my friend. It was like supposed to be this 80 person meeting. But she texted me and said she was sick. So I picked a different meeting, a smaller women's group. I get there, feeling pretty self conscious by myself. I'm thinking no one's talking to me. The meeting starts. Someone asked if anyone's new, I raise my hand, introduce myself. It's an anniversary, the alcoholic is a born again so there's like tons of God talk, not really my thing, but I stay, drink the coffee. At the end, they're giving away a big book as part of the anniversary celebration. They ask if anyone doesn't have one. I'm like mute, not saying a word. And then it's likes everyone's looking at me, asking me. And I'm like no I don't have one. And then I've got this big book in my hand. And then a couple of women write their numbers in it. And the meeting's over and everyone wants to talk to me, introduce themselves. I'm like getting all these hugs from these women that don't even know me. And I forget all the God stuff that's so uncomfortable for me and just think of these loving women.
Ravensgrl
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Brock » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:28 pm

Lovely story of AA in action, thanks for telling it.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Stepchild » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:51 pm

That awesome....Sounds like something was at work there. Good for you!
Stepchild
Forums Old Timer

Postby clouds » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:26 am

:D
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby PaigeB » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:38 am

Smiling faces and nodding heads all around the table here! I have been through that same feeling.

Loving the Love. Love is my HP in action. We humans can do good works if done with Love.

Keep going back to those women. Keep coming here. You have what I want to keep! I gotta give it away to keep it!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Robert R » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:01 pm

:D :D :D Love is the fabric of the universe :D :D :D
Don't know exactly where I am going but I'm on my way and it's already much better than where I've been.
Robert R
Forums Contributor

Previous

Return to For the Newcomer