Can't find Women's only Meetings

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Can't find Women's only Meetings

Postby thegirlonthetrain » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:58 pm

i have google searched for meeting lists in my area as the booklet I received last time around has since disappeared. I would like to go to a women's meeting but the filters on the websites I found don't offer the option to search for them. It makes me search by town only and then gives the option to search for "open, closed, beginners, etc" but no women's meetings. Can someone point me in the direction of where I can find this info? I live in Long Island, New York. Thanks in advance for any help with this! I need to get to a meeting or I am going to keep drinking every few days.
thegirlonthetrain
Forums Newcomer

Re: Can't find Women's only Meetings

Postby Robert R » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:37 am

Hi there, I've no local knowledge of your area but the person on the other end of your local helpline should have. Try googling 'local helpline AA Long Island' or similar and see if you can get a number to call. Hope that works.

Robert
Don't know exactly where I am going but I'm on my way and it's already much better than where I've been.
Robert R
Forums Contributor

Postby Chelle » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:50 am

Hi girl
Our local intergroup has a schedule online that has only one meeting listed for women but later I learned of a few more. If you got a phone list of women, I would try calling and asking a couple of them. Ours are at a couple different ladies homes and they aren't listed publicly. If nothing else, it gets you talking to a couple of ladies on the phone which was very helpful to my recovery and brought me out of my shell. :D
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Postby Brock » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:25 am

As Chelle mentioned I find a good method is to search under “intergroup,” by Goggling “AA Intergroups Long Island New York,” I came on the Nassau and Suffolk county intergroup sites. On both you need to click in the meeting list under special interest for 'womens.' You will also see contact us numbers, this is useful for any additional information. Best of luck finding some not too far from your location.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby positrac » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:19 am

thegirlonthetrain wrote: Long Island, New York.

LI, seriously? Women meetings are all over and you might have to go to Brooklyn and or Queens to find what you are needing as drunks are alive and well in the 5 boroughs.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Lali » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Really the easiest way to get the information is to call Alcoholics Anonymous. The number will be in your local phone book. Ask the person you speak to. They usually have the most updated information and they will be able to send you a meeting list as well if you request one.

Good luck!

Are you a member of the closed women's forum here? If you are interested, Paige can get you hooked up. All you have to do is ask and she will be happy to help you.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Return to For the Newcomer