Online Resources

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Online Resources

Postby wedorecover » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:14 pm

The moderators won't allow us to post links due to the forum rules, but we have some great AA speakers available to you on our YouTube channel. Just search "We Do Recover" on YouTube to find our channel. Enjoy the speakers!!
wedorecover
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Online Resources

Postby tyg » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:23 am

YouTube is wonderful!! I have found AA Big Book studies, 12 Traditions talks and I have searched out information specifically for certain Topics to, i.e., alcoholism, AA 11th Step Meditations, spiritual awakening, powerless, Dr. Opinion, etc.

AA.org has pamphlets, our basic text Alcoholics Anonymous, the 12 n 12 and a lot of other good literature available to read online. In the "search" one can also find Videos and audio Speakers and much more on the website as well.
~The secret to the AA program is the first three words on page 112~
tyg
Forums Long Timer

Postby Brock » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:49 am

Most of the 'old timers' on this site refer new members to XA Speakers, and in a way we owe XA a debt of gratitude, being a pioneer in the field of offering recorded speakers. I believe they are based in Iceland and the site was started by two young alcoholics, many people have benefited from the recordings over the years, now almost any AA recovery site seems to have a link to speakers.

But I must agree about you tube, even though I don't listen to speakers often anymore it is far more user friendly than any other site, and sometimes pictures of serene scenes and places are shown while you listen, XA have even included a you tube link on their site.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby PaigeB » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:50 am

E-aa is actually part of the Online Intergroup of Alcoholics Anonymous. You can "Browse the Online Meeting Directories: Email, chat, audio, and forums meetings in a variety of languages..." There is also a calendar of local, regional, national, and international AA events ...

Check out http://aa-intergroup.org/ You will find us under the "E" in meetings sorted by A-Z!
e-AA Group
Meeting Description: The e-AA Group invites you to join us and share your experience, strength, and hope in a friendly environment.

We offer scheduled text chat meetings, ongoing email meetings, and discussion forums. Open-topic discussions, beginners meetings, book and traditions studies, women's meetings, step and other meetings via e-mail and real-time chat (held seven days a week), as well as 24/7 discussion forums. Newcomers and those interested in learning more about AA are especially welcome.
http://www.e-aa.org
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to For the Newcomer