Day 14

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: Day 14

Postby Beast of burden » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:27 am

Checking in on Day 23. I'm doing well, but I need to remain cautious.
Beast of burden
Forums Newcomer

Postby Robert R » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:47 am

Thank you for the update. Good to hear from you friend. Keep doing the next right thing for your sobriety and the journey will start to become a joy not a chore in my experience.

Robert
Don't know exactly where I am going but I'm on my way and it's already much better than where I've been.
Robert R
Forums Contributor

Postby clouds » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:23 am

Hi Beast!

It tells us in the book 'Alcoholics Anonymous' that what we have is a daily reprieve from alcohol based on our spiritual condition and that we recover by finding a new way of living based on certain principles that we practice.
I myself got introduced to those principles from another person in AA who had learned them and was practicing them. I could see she was stable and had been sober for some years. I was able to hear, by just listening at meetings, how to stay sober. Most people suggested that doing the steps of AA would give me the understanding of how to live without drinking anymore. Thats what worked for me.
Best regards in these coming days.
Glad you are keeping on the sober path.
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby 11515JWH » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:25 pm

Good for you!!! You should be very proud of yourself! It gets easier with time!
11515JWH
Forums Newcomer

Postby Troy M. » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:02 am

23 days! That is awesome. You are doing great!
Troy M.
Forums Enthusiast

Postby tyg » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:40 am

¸✶.•´¸.•*´✶
☆´¸.•★´
Woot Woot...Congratulations!!!
☆´¸.•★´ ¸.✶* ★
¸✶.•´¸.•*´✶ 。•´ ★。´,•*´。 . 。•´☆ 。

It is all outlined on pages 58-103 in AA. The program works when we work it and it doesn't if we don't!!
~The secret to the AA program is the first three words on page 112~
tyg
Forums Long Timer

Postby Lali » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:20 am

I am happy to hear that you have 20+ days. Unfortunately, most people cannot stay sober without working this 12 step program. Willpower only works for a short amount of time for real alcoholics and then we find ourselves right back where we were - drinking and suffering the consequences. And each time it is harder to get sober again. Some go out and don't come back for 10 years or so. A lot of crap can happen in 10 years.

Anyway, I wish you the best.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:29 pm

Way to GO! Stay vigilant! Keep moving forward.. DO DO DO! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Lali » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:09 pm

Robert R wrote:Going it alone/relying on willpower nearly cost me my life. (Emphasis is mine). Homeless and sectioned into a mental hospital I at last attended AA. Here were folks who were living life free, willing to share what they had with this old alkie. They too had been where I was and knew the way out. They gave me their map (programme) and guided me to the best 7 years of my life to date.
"One Day at a Time" took on a whole new meaning. Today I am living a useful/fruitful life one day at a time thanks to a programme for living freely given.

Robert

This post by Robert bears repeating. Beast, I am concerned that you haven't taken any of the advice here to attend meetings and get immersed in the program. You will likely find that doing it on your own doesn't work so well. The point of e-aa is to tell newcomers how we got sober and encouraging them to go to meetings, get a sponsor and work the steps. It's lovely that you are letting us know what day you are at but that's not really what this forum is all about.

The programme Robert speaks of is the 12 steps. They are life changing and I suggest that you find a guide to take you through the steps.
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:39 am

The point of e-aa is to tell newcomers how we got sober and encouraging them to go to meetings, get a sponsor and work the steps. It's lovely that you are letting us know what day you are at but that's not really what this forum is all about.
Amen
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby Beast of burden » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:39 pm

deleted.
Last edited by Beast of burden on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beast of burden
Forums Newcomer

Postby Beast of burden » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:42 pm

Lali wrote:
Robert R wrote:Going it alone/relying on willpower nearly cost me my life. (Emphasis is mine). Homeless and sectioned into a mental hospital I at last attended AA. Here were folks who were living life free, willing to share what they had with this old alkie. They too had been where I was and knew the way out. They gave me their map (programme) and guided me to the best 7 years of my life to date.
"One Day at a Time" took on a whole new meaning. Today I am living a useful/fruitful life one day at a time thanks to a programme for living freely given.

Robert

This post by Robert bears repeating. Beast, I am concerned that you haven't taken any of the advice here to attend meetings and get immersed in the program. You will likely find that doing it on your own doesn't work so well. The point of e-aa is to tell newcomers how we got sober and encouraging them to go to meetings, get a sponsor and work the steps. It's lovely that you are letting us know what day you are at but that's not really what this forum is all about.

The programme Robert speaks of is the 12 steps. They are life changing and I suggest that you find a guide to take you through the steps.

I agree.
Beast of burden
Forums Newcomer

Postby Lcampio101 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:04 pm

Hi there, today is my first day sober. I want to not go bask down that road gain thinking this time it's going to be different. Glad to see you're doingwell, I need all the support I can get as well. Thanks
Lisa Marie
Lcampio101
Forums Newcomer

Postby Lali » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Lcampio101 wrote:Hi there, today is my first day sober. I want to not go bask down that road gain thinking this time it's going to be different. Glad to see you're doingwell, I need all the support I can get as well. Thanks

Welcome, L.capio! Feel free to start a post of your own if you haven't already done so - I haven't been online the last couple days.
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Jsn0w » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:50 pm

Hang in there , I'm on day 13, :D I had a dream I picked up a drink last night and woke up pleased that I had remained sober. Have replaced alcohol with fresh juices. It's the afternoons that do it for me , Used to love sitting out in the sun with a beer. But it became unmanageable, I was drinking between 3-7 drinks a day and waking up to drink and then falling asleep and walking up to drink, I also blacked out 3 times this last year . I forever felt sick and tired. Now am up and ready to go to the Gym, get a juice.WE CAN DO IT.
Jsn0w
Forums Newcomer

PreviousNext

Return to For the Newcomer