tring to get free

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: tring to get free

Postby beginningagain7 » Thu Jun 13, 2002 7:20 am

Hi Steven,<P>You didn't mention if you went to AA after you went from rehab.<P>I would suggest that you go straight to a AA meeting and phone list and if you could find a sponsor.<P>To get to the part that you liked about sobriety you have to be willing to do anything it will take to get you there. And that's going to AA meetings, reading the Big Book. Getting in touch with a Higher Power.<P>You took the first step and went to rehab. Now you need to is take the second step and go to AA meetings and start doing the program.
Beginningagain4
John T.
beginningagain7
Forums Contributor

Re: tring to get free

Postby beginningagain7 » Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:08 am

Hi Steven,<P>I got your private message. We all make mistakes and we all would like to think that all that we learn in AA that we would be able to drink like other people. But the really of it we cann't. As you found out.<P>So you need to go back to AA with what you just learned and apply yourself to the program. Start reading the Big Bood again. I would suggest you read page 449 in the 3rd edition or 417 in the 4th edition. It deals with acceptance.<P>It isn't until we fully accept the fact that we are an alcoholic that we will be able to do what it takes to stay away from that first drink.<P>Go to meetings, read the Big Book, find a sponsor and stay focus on your goal.<P>Have a good day,
Beginningagain4
John T.
beginningagain7
Forums Contributor

Return to For the Newcomer