starting again

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: starting again

Postby Blue Moon » Sun May 19, 2002 2:00 pm

Hi Doughgirl,<P>I need no reason to drink. I'm an alcoholic, therefore don't always have a choice when and where the desire for drink will come on strong at times. What did happen is I quit fighting booze. I can't beat it, but I had to accept that reality before I could work at recovery.<P>Every drunk was another little move towards Step 1. We drink because of struggles in life, and we try to quit because of struggles with drink. If I could control either drink or life I'd not need to recover on a daily basis.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby Clark » Sun May 19, 2002 3:11 pm

Welcome Doughgirl, happy to see you.<P>Perhaps it was not by chance that you found this site.
Clark E.
"The best is yet to come."
Clark
Forums Long Timer

Postby Susan » Mon May 20, 2002 7:24 am

Hi ! Welcome to e-aa, and the forums. :) <P>Glad you made it back to Alcoholics Anonymous :roll:
Happy Trails ~

Susan
Susan
Forums Contributor

Postby BrianC » Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:50 am

Hi doughgirl,<P>I, like you, just found E-AA last Friday from a search on Google. I find it an excellent adjunct to "fill in the gaps" between regular AA meetings. I have been amazed and grateful for the many posts and private e-mails I have received in only 6 days! The more often you log onto,and post to E-AA, the more response and involvement you will receive. And the content received from these great people on E-AA, with whom we both share a common bond, rival the input you receive at AA. This is surely not to imply you should forego AA in lieu of E-AA-definitely not. But at 4:00 in the morning, it surely is nice to know that E-AA is there.<P>Brian :D
BrianC
Forums Newcomer

Postby curtis s » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:24 pm

Welcome dough girl<BR> Since you had five years you know that recovery is possible. It's nice to have you here. Keep coming and remember half measure avail us nothing.<P>Glad to har from Brian and Rosie also.<P>Curt
"What a long strange trip it's been."
curtis s
Forums Long Timer

Postby BrianC » Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:08 am

Doughgirl,<P>How are things going?? I hope you are striving towards sobriety and recovery once again. Just think back to how you good you felt during those previous 5 years for motivation. And remember, we are always here for encouragement, support, and fellowship. "Work the E-AA" like you work the Steps. Let us know how you are doing.<P>Brian :)
BrianC
Forums Newcomer

Return to For the Newcomer