Feeling pretty lonely out there...

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

Re: Feeling pretty lonely out there...

Postby Susan » Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:09 pm

Mandy, Yes ! Lots of people out here that you can communicate with. :) <P>Happy Trails,
Happy Trails ~

Susan
Susan
Forums Contributor

Re: Feeling pretty lonely out there...

Postby Blue Moon » Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:25 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mandy:<BR><STRONG>My name is Mandy and I'm an alcoholic. It will be my 25th birthday next week and I have been sober for 5 months. I am feeling a little frustrated beacuse I haven't been able to find a home group(or a group that I feel comfortable in) and I don't have a sponser. I am feeling pretty lonely out there, but I do know that bing sober is the best thing I have ever done in my life. I am just at a loss of what to do now. I have no sober friends or any friends for that matter, and I don't know where to go from here. Please send suggestions, or if anyone wants to be an email sponser it would be extremley appricaiated. :(</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi Mandy,<P>I can relate to your feelings. I felt pretty similar when I was 5 months in. It gets better. Not overnight, and not always easily. But I do believe a good and happy life lies ahead if we can only go the distance.<P>I don't know how many meetings you go to, but I found that 1 a week wasn't enough for me. I typically go to 3 or 4 a week. One week I lost count, I think I did 10. In getting to meetings and becoming a regular I slowly get known in the rooms, and get to know others.<P>As for a sponsor, you might get replies from people that turn out not to be suitable for you. Not sure how it works where you are, but here in the UK some meetings offer temporary sponsorship.<P>Good luck on your journey, and do keep talking!
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Return to For the Newcomer