Announcements and Coming Events
** Interested in becoming a Greeter or Chair? Please ask a chair or greeter for more info or send a request by clicking on this link: http://www.e-aa.org/chat_help.php <> We Need you.
** Big Book Help: If you are
new to AA and do not have the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, please
ask a Monitor for help in finding one, or you may link to the online
** Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/twelve-steps-and-twelve-traditions
** For more information on alcoholism: please try these links http://www.e-aa.org/about_aa.php or http://www.aa.org/lang/en/catalog.cfm?category=4
Speaker meetings are every Tuesday and Friday at 5:00pm eastern time: Share your story, Speakers always needed for both. Use the following link if interested. http://www.e-aa.org/chat_help.php <> Check the link "Full Meeting Schedule" located in the top right corner of this page for all time zones.
A date for your diaries: JoAnn will be our speaker on November 3rd.
** If the Room is Empty. If you are looking for help with a drinking problem and no one is present in the room, click the "Chat Help by E-mail" link at the top of the page; http://www.e-aa.org/chat_help.php
** Temporary Online Sponsorship: If you are new to AA and need a temporary sponsor to walk beside you, please use this link; http://www.e-aa.org/form_sponsors.php
Become a Member of our Group: e-AA is an autonomous online A.A. group. To participate in our business meeting in which the election of trusted servants, group conscience decisions, and fellowship takes place, e-mail ListManage@e-AAmeetings.org and ask to be put on the Members list. or use this list http://www.e-aa.org/maillist.html and click members the bottom choice
Email and Forum Meetings:e-AA also has a Recovery Forum Discussion Board. To register, go to http://www.e-aa.org/forum We also have various email meetings. For descriptions, go to http://www.e-aa.org/maillist.html
Grapevine Magazine Giveaway:
To enter in the monthly drawing for a free Grapevine subscription, send your name and address to http://www.e-aa.org/form_gv.php The winners will be drawn on the first of the month. There's a drawing every month, so keep registering until you win!
** Temporary Sponsors Urgently needed: Male and female. Please contact us if interested: http://www.e-aa.org/form_sponsors.php
Temporary Online Sponsorship: If you are new to AA and need a temporary sponsor to walk beside you, please use this link: http://www.e-aa.org/form_sponsors.php
We now have a 5pm EST Meeting every day of the week.
Rooms Open 30 minutes before meetings and Close 30 minutes after meetings.
This is a wonderful opportunity to explore other venues in e-AA.org:
Email Meetings: www.e-aa.org/maillist.html
If you are in need of immediate help contact: Get Help Now: http://www.e-aa.org/help.php
Next meeting is:
Chat Room Guidelines ... Read Before Entering
Rooms open for 30 minutes of Fellowship before and after each meeting.
The chat rooms serve as both our meeting room and fellowship hall. For meeting times, please see the
To check your time for meetings around the world, on the World Clock.
If a meeting is in progress when you enter the chat rooms, please take a few moments to become oriented. Usually, a greeter will contact you privately and will inform you of the topic being discussed and the basics of using the chat rooms. Meeting Protocol is in place until the Chair announces Open Chat. If you would like to share, please type !! and wait for the Chair to invite you to speak. Please type End when done.
During non-meeting times, much socializing occurs. Though The e-AA Group of Alcoholics Anonymous has no opinions on outside issues, individuals often do, and most likely you will hear a few.
We neither endorse nor oppose other AA sites.
Please do not refer to named sites or provide links to specific sites in our Fellowship Room.
The following approved link may be helpful:
The following are chatroom-specific examples of inappropriate content.
They have been used by what we currently call "monitors" and passed
along informally until now.
- Extended discussions of non-AA programs (see Note 1 in Decorum Guidelines).
- Recommendations and discussions of what drugs or medications a chatter should be taking (aka "playing doctor"). " It was realized early on that A.A. could not solve all the problems
people have and long ago chose to limit its primary purpose to helping
people recover from alcoholism only. Drinking too much is just about the
only thing we all have in common and many fear A.A. would lose its
identity and effectiveness if it were to address problems other than
- Quoting, just because he or she can, line after line of religious or other texts, unrelated to any current discussion thread and intended to disrupt (imagine, for example, trying to chat with a newcomer and every other line on the screen is a quote from the Bible).
- Harassment or "stalking" of any type.
- "13th Stepping" and extended flirting, or "virtual sex" (see Note 2 in Decorum Guidelines).
- Sexual innuendo and crude remarks (see Note 3 in Decorums Guidelines).
- Profanity (see Note 4 in Decorum Guidelines).
- Personal attacks.
- Anti-AA (or anti-e-AA Group) remarks and discussions.
- Vulgar or sexual talk in private chat is inappropriate. Logs are read, including private chats.
Decorum in General
- content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable.
- content that will harm minors in any way.
- content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party.
- any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- Any non AA-approved links in chatroom of any kind.
Please refer to the Chat Room Decorum Guidelines for further information concerning this groups guidelines.
Profiles and Personal Information
The e-AA group attempts to keep our chat room a safe, friendly, AA-oriented 12-Step-focused room. There are several billion people who have access to the internet. Once in the chat rooms, registered users will have access to information you enter in your profile or share in open chat. We urge caution in filling out profiles and providing e-mail addresses and other contact information. The e-AA Group reserves the right to deny or delete any inappropriate screen names. The Monitors may read the chat transcripts and all private chats in an effort to keep the room a safe and friendly place. All private chats are strictly confidential.
"The Twelve Steps,"
shown above, are copyrighted by AA World Services,
Inc. Reprinted with permission.
A.A., The Big Book,
and Box 4-5-9
are registered trademarks
or service marks of A.A.
World Services, Inc.
The Grapevine, A.A. Grapevine, GV,
and Box 1980
trademarks or service marks of The
A.A. Grapevine, Inc.